Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote!

Today is the day! After 4 years we are back at the voting booth, voicing our opinion as to who we want to run our country. I think this is often something people take for granted. A lot of people think their vote doesn't matter, because they live in a liberal state or they live in a conservative state. This idea is something I don't agree with. Our votes do make a difference. And I am proud to be an American with the right to stand up for what I believe in. I am happy to say "I VOTED"

‎"To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain". - Louis L'Amour

Anyway that's enough of me on my soap box. Today I have decided to take a look at Presidential Style in correspondence with the election. 



First off, Jackie O, one of the most influential style icons in the world, and also a first lady.



One of the first women to wear pants out in public, along with Katherine Hepburn. Gaining much criticism from the press and starting the trend toward androgynous fashion which we all know I love so much.

And Michelle Obama,




Always wearing bright colorful outfits! A great icon for how to dress appropriately but stylish and bold at the same time.

That's all for now. Now to see who our next president will be and how the first lady will fare as a style icon. :)

Vote!

Love,
Steph Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment