Thursday, January 10, 2013

Black and Blue

The Backstreet Boy's named an album after these two colors. Ingrid Michaelson just put out and album in which my favorite song is Black and Blue. Both good reasons for me to really like the combination, yet I don't completely understand the appeal. I love black, it's modern and edgy. But blue, has never been one of my favorites. I think I hold some hostility towards the colors blue and pink because of their association with girls and boys. Why do girls have to like pink and boys have to like blue. It's crazy.

I'm realizing that the trend of black and blue (specifically navy) is pretty huge. They are calling it the "it" trend. It's taking to the streets and the runways like mad. I don't wish to offend anyone but I am not sure I am on board with this trend.




Carolina Herrera                                             Preen

These looks I can almost get behind because the blue is quite blue.

But looks like this where they are so close in color, it just makes me feel like someone made the mistake we have all made backstage and accidently thought navy was black, or black was navy and then when the models got on the runway they were like oh shoot this isn't right.


DKNY

Don't get me wrong I actually love this outfit, just wish the colors were different.

That's my fashion rant for the day. Who know's maybe next week I'll try it out and see how I feel, but for now I am holding out.

How do you feel? Would you do it? Have you done it?

Love,

Steph Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment